The CFB Pro Showdown Pokemon is a quarterly tournament where the CFB Pro community comes together on Discord and Pokémon TCG Online to face off in friendly but fierce competition with a prize pool of $1,000 in ChannelFireball store credit on the line!
Our next event will take place on Saturday, April 3 at 9 AM Pacific Time, just after the release of Battle Styles! There’s no entry fee – all are welcome and encouraged to enter. The only requirements are that you can run Pokemon Trading Card Game Online and Discord!
The tournament itself is a best-of-three single-elimination event, so make sure you pick a deck that can run hot all day. The format is Standard, and Battle Styles cards will be legal for the event!
- 1st: $300 ChannelFireball Store Credit + Boss Fight Challenge
- 2nd: $200 ChannelFireball Store Credit
- 3rd-4th: $100 ChannelFireball Store Credit
- 5th-8th: $75 ChannelFireball Store Credit
We’ll be covering the top 8 at twitch.tv/ChannelFireball, with commentators Azul Garcia Griego and Chip Richey. If you’re lucky, you might selected for a feature match!
- Number of Rounds will depend on total attendance. Matches will have a 50 minute round timer.
- All players will be required to check-in for the event. You can do so up to 60 min prior to the event start time by going to your dashboard or any of the tournament’s pages while logged in. You will see a highlighted “Check-In” button.
- Decklists must be submitted via your dashboard for the event before the start of Round 1. All decklists will be public once the event begins.
- Participants must join the ChannelFireball Discord server, as pairings and event announcements will be made in the #pro-showdown channel. Pairings will be announced in the Discord server and can be found on your dashboard.
- Players will have 5 minutes after pairing to check-in and begin their match. Players can check-in for their match on your Dashboard. Players who have not begun after 5 minutes and do not respond to admin staff inquires will be dropped.
- Results will be submitted to your Dashboard. If there is an issue reporting your result please let an Admin know in Discord.
- At the end of the round timer, results will automatically be submitted. Please make sure to update your Dashboard after each game. If there is a tie a winner is determined by the number of Prizes taken. If that is tied then play will continue until a player takes a Prize.
- Event Coverage will start with the Top 8. If you make the Top 8 Admins will assist with getting things setup for Coverage. You will need Discord on the same devise you are playing PTCGO on in order to be featured.
- The Winner of the event will Face Off against one of the CFB Pokemon Creators. If the challenger wins it will DOUBLE the store credit awarded for the event.