This weekend features the Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Championship. Here’s the schedule:
- Rounds 1–3: Alchemy Constructed
- Rounds 4–7: Historic Constructed
- Rounds 8–11: Alchemy Constructed
- Rounds 12-15: Historic Constructed
As players earn their 12th match win, they will automatically advance to the Top 8 playoff. Final standings at the end of Round 15 will determine any remaining Top 8 slots available after all players with 12 wins have advanced – and any ties for a Top 8 slot will be determined by final standings after 15 rounds.
- The Top 8 double-elimination playoff will feature Alchemy Constructed.
- Upper Bracket and Lower Bracket matches will be best of three games.
- The Title Match will be best of three matches.
For a quick overview of the metagame, let’s check my latest Power Rankings.
- Rakdos Sacrifice
- Five-Color Niv-Mizzet
- Heliod Company
- Azorius Auras
- Gruul Aggro
- Rakdos Arcanist
- Jeskai Control
- Azorius Control
- Golgari Food
- Izzet Phoenix
At the time of writing this article, I don’t have access to the metagame breakdown, but I expect the top three decks in my Power Rankings to be the most represented in the tournament in this order.
That said, Historic is becoming to look a lot like Modern, with about 10 to 20 different decks that can win a tournament on any given day, so don’t expect the metagame shares to be too high for each deck.
There are a few decks I don’t have in the last edition of power rankings but can still see them do well. This includes: